The Canadian Bankers Association is the voice of more than 60 domestic and foreign banks that help drive Canada’s economic growth and prosperity. The CBA advocates for public policies that contribute to a sound, thriving banking system to ensure Canadians can succeed in their financial goals. www.cba.ca
Job Title: Co-ordinator
Division: AML and Cyber, Legal
Working closely with the Director, AML and Cyber, the Co-ordinator will be the first point of contact for CBA members dealing with AML and cyber security matters. The Co-ordinator will provide operational support and assist with various administrative activities to ensure the efficient coordination for multiple CBA committees.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Providing administrative and coordination support to multiple committees.
- Responsible for the management of vital documentation.
- Responsible for coordinating an annual cyber security conference.
- Monitoring the event budget including preparing and processing of invoices and expenses; providing regular status updates/reports.
- Coordinating with CBA staff, members, and key stakeholders as part of the incident response preparedness, including participating in the response to incidents as they arise.
- Supporting meetings with members of the CBA, which includes organizing meetings; coordinating the work of the senior committees, specialist groups, and working groups; preparing meeting agenda and drafting of meeting minutes; preparing meeting overviews and documentation as required; and, tracking action items.
- Independently manages inquiries and requests.
- Supporting projects affecting the industry.
- Assist the Legal Division, and other divisions where appropriate, with various projects as assigned.
Key Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a commitment to taking initiative to ensure effective processes are in place.
- Prioritize and manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency (i.e. meet deadlines; be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities); make decisions within defined parameters; ability to multi-task. strong attention to detail; ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on tasks within a range of complexity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and various other software.
- Preferred, 3 to 5 years of AML/ATF or cyber security experience (or similar experience such as legal or audit) and/ or policy experience.
- Bilingualism in both official languages will be considered a strong asset.
- Limited travel may be required for this position.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Casey Ramsaran in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.