The Canadian Bankers Association is the voice of more than 60 domestic and foreign banks that help drive Canada’s economic growth and prosperity. The CBA advocates for public policies that contribute to a sound, thriving banking system to ensure Canadians can succeed in their financial goals. www.cba.ca
Job Title: Intelligence Analyst (Contract)
Term: Contract Ending March 2021
To provide strategic, operational and tactical, predictive intelligence analysis and support with respect to the impact of international and domestic trends on financial crime and physical security affecting the banking industry. Further, to provide intelligence products to assist in the development of intelligence-led approaches to combating organized crime, physical attacks and/or terrorism.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Providing strategic intelligence analysis by collecting, evaluating, collating and analysing information/intelligence. Maintaining proficiency and providing expert advice and support in preparation of a variety of intelligence products. Assessing information and computing quantitative and qualitative data. Establishes processes of extraction, collection, collation, analysis and synthesis of information/intelligence by ways of listings, relational tables, diagrams, graphics, charts and other methods, in order to evaluate the relevancy of the collected information. Via analysis identifies intelligence gaps and methods of addressing these shortcomings.
- Preparing strategic written intelligence assessments for presentation to executive management and other personnel. Providing oral briefings on intelligence assessments to senior management and other stakeholders. Assisting in the development of policy aimed at providing effective strategies to deal with the overall causes and effects of sophisticated criminal activity and trends affecting the Canadian banking industry.
- Providing technical/expert assistance/information in response to requests for information. Providing operational and administrative support in the absence of the supervisor. Providing expert advice and support to concerning information/intelligence.
- Developing products designed to detect, prevent, deter and/or disrupt sophisticated criminal activity via support to bank security investigators. Conducts analytical processes to determine intelligence priorities and methods of combating security threats.
- Liaising with other sources to access intelligence from relevant internal and external agencies. Attending meetings, i.e. CISO, bank analyst and investigation meetings, courses, seminars and conferences as a
delegate and/or speaker.
- Work closely with member bank and law enforcement crime analysts.
- Maintaining memberships in law enforcement and or professional bodies that encompass analyst-related interests and duties or financial industry investigations.
- Strong computer skills, using and maintaining appropriate investigative and analytical-related software. Staying current on new and emerging state-of-the-art software that may prove beneficial to the unit
mandate and priorities.
- Adept at facilitating adhoc requests beyond the scope of daily activities; flexibility to multi-task on a variety of key member issues.
Key Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
- Legally able to work in Canada – You must be able to obtain and maintain a Canadian Government and RCMP Level 2 Security Clearance
- Practical working experience in criminal intelligence with at least 5-7 years least 3 years of experience.
- Level 1 I2 certification.
- Knowledge of facial recognition software and its application is an asset.
- Experience producing analytical reports and intelligence briefing materials with high attention to details.
- Experience in presenting to professional organizations and committees.
- Knowledge of Federal Privacy Law is an asset.
- Law enforcement or financial industry crime analysis experience an asset.
- Limited cross Canada travel involved
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Casey Ramsaran at email@example.com. Please indicate Ingelligence Analyst in the subject field of your email.