The Canadian Bankers Association is the voice of more than 60 domestic and foreign banks that help drive Canada’s economic growth and prosperity. The CBA advocates for public policies that contribute to a sound, thriving banking system to ensure Canadians can succeed in their financial goals. www.cba.ca
Job Title: Manager, People, Values & Learning
Division: President’s Office
The Manager, People, Values & Learning reports to the Vice President, Talent Management. The incumbent will be responsible for designing, developing, delivering, coaching, evaluating, and managing organization-wide learning and career development, with a focus on leadership and essential skills development, which aligns with, and will enable the strategic and organizational direction of the organization. In addition, the Manager will be involved in all facets of the business with the Vice President and will be involved in the creation of new programs and policies for employees including training programs, talent planning, performance management, ownership of the HRIS, ongoing administration of the benefit program and orientation programs. The Manager is the lead for the CBA’s Values and Values initiatives. The Manager is the back up for the Vice President.
Description of Responsibilities:
Performance Management & Learning
- Develop, design, and deliver training on the performance management system for all employees.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for all issues related to the CBA’s performance management system.
- Analyzes and evaluates performance data and provides recommendations regarding action plans as necessary to improve employee performance.
- Contribute and co-develop the evolution of the company-wide learning and development strategy and develop associated plans to support and drive organizational business priorities, specifically in support of the strategic plan
- Manage the development and implementation of prioritized learning initiatives & programs, partnering with the business and collaborating with key stakeholders including leadership development and managing the development and execution of key leadership events.
- Provide consultation, coaching and support to a range of internal clients and/or facilitate solutions to address a key business issues and opportunities (engagement, change, etc.).
- Conduct needs analysis and oversight to the design/development of learning initiatives.
- Facilitate events and learning sessions as required.
- Develop and implement Learning and Development strategies to close identified skills, knowledge, and competency gaps.
- Work closely with the Vice President to identify critical roles and develop short and long-term development strategies to meet workforce requirements.
Recruitment and Selection
- Creates job postings, screens resumes, interviews candidates, conducts reference checks and manages vendors and search firms.
- Prepares employment letters.
- Manages the onboarding program for new hires.
- Advises, counsels and coaches on talent issues on such topics as policies, benefits, vacations, pension, leaves, learning, performance appraisals/management, etc.
Compensation, Benefits and Pension
- Administers and maintains the CBA’s compensation programs, including Pay Equity.
- Participates in wage and salary surveys and analyzing survey results.
- Assists in the administration of the CBA pension plan, which includes maintaining all pension communication materials, orienting, and reviewing the pension plan with eligible employees, taking minutes of the Pension Specialist Group, and answering employee enquiries.
- Maintains and administers the employee benefit program.
- Have strong analytical skills to tell a story with our data.
- Participates in Benefit Program benchmarking.
Policies and Programs
- Develop Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programming from inception to delivery within the CBA, including reviewing policies, programs, and benefits to ensure they are equitable and inclusive.
- Research and consider ways that AI will affect our work.
- Assist in designing and roll out of various programs such as Mentorship, Talent Planning and Succession programs for the CBA.
- Develops Wellness initiatives for employees.
- Maintains, updates, and creates the Talent Management Policy Manual and ensures policies are compliant with current federal and provincial legislation.
- Interprets and advises on policies.
HR Administration and Projects
- Develops and maintain all aspects of the Human Resources Information System, Workforce Now.
- Administers the service award program.
- Represents Talent Management on the United Way Committees and planning events.
- Maintains business continuity materials and further developing the program, which includes updating phone lists, emergency contact information for employees, procedures, templates, and researching and implementing disaster recovery best practices.
- Member of the Values Committee.
- Co-Chair on the Health and Safety Committee and participates on the Social Committee.
- Assist the Vice President with other projects as they arise.
Key Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
- College or university degree with at least 8-10 years of related experience, CHRP, Human Resources designation preferred.
- Experience working with and owning HRIS systems, preferably ADP/WFN.
- An affinity for training, learning and development.
- Excellent judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, bilingualism in French will be considered an asset.
- High level of customer service.
- Develops creative solutions and programs for the organization.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Proficiency completing HR analytics and expertise in all MS Office applications and recruitment tools, such as LinkedIn.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position title.