The Canadian Bankers Association is the voice of more than 60 domestic and foreign banks that help drive Canada’s economic growth and prosperity. The CBA advocates for public policies that contribute to a sound,
thriving banking system to ensure Canadians can succeed in their financial goals. www.cba.ca.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Financial Crimes & Security
The Senior Manager, Financial Crimes and Security, reports to the General Counsel and Vice President and provides advocacy and support for banking industry initiatives on the prevention, detection and response to financial crimes, the security of bank personnel and property, and emergency management and business continuity information sharing.
Description of Responsibilities
- Manage the Financial Crimes and Security team and support an effective scope of engagement;
- Advocate and liaise on behalf of members to government, law enforcement, and representatives of other key associations and stakeholder groups in the financial crimes and security area including providing issue support to media specialists and acting as a CBA spokesperson;
- Lead various specialists’ groups and working groups and work closely with members of these groups with a view to providing analysis and advocacy;
- Assist in the development and execution of advocacy plans to effectively convey industry positions and propose potential changes to policy and legislation;
- Evaluate and report to members on emerging national and international trends and prevention strategies in financial crimes and security including fraud, bank robberies, physical security (e.g. ATM attacks) and cyber-crime;
- Responsible for industry emergency management and business continuity protocol and coordinating with other CBA staff and members/key stakeholders as part of incident response preparedness, including participating in the response to incidents as they arise;
- Support information sharing and facilitate intelligence analysis including through the Bank Crime Prevention and Investigation Framework (BCPIF);
- Manage the BCPIF including ongoing operating terms, underlying services, relationship management, information management, training, and supporting technology in consultation with CBA Information Technology;
- Manage initiatives to recognize law enforcement efforts including the CBA Security & Intelligence Awards Recognition and Rewards Program and the Canadian Banks Law Enforcement Award (CBLEA); and
- Assist Legal Division and other divisions where appropriate with various projects as assigned.
Key Qualifications, Abilities and Skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Canadian Government and RCMP Level 2 Security Clearance and clear a criminal reference check.
- Post-secondary education and a minimum 15 years work experience in financial crimes and security including experience within a financial institution.
- Very strong written and verbal presentation skills with the ability to craft and present persuasive advocacy positions; write letters, reports and submissions clearly and concisely, with focused and substantiated arguments
- Experienced people manager.
- Working knowledge and experience of the various types of crime (payment card issues, cyber, cheque and loans, as they relate to fraud investigations, analytics, prevention and detection), which affect the banking industry and a general knowledge of money laundering initiatives with technical capabilities in crime detection and deterrence.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills (this individual must deal with committee members, government officials, law enforcement investigators and governing authorities, representatives of other industry groups at senior levels and the public on an ongoing basis). This includes excellent writing skills (letters, minutes, briefs) and effective presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to understand and analyze legislative and policy proposals to identify potential industry impact and concerns.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and issues.
- Computer literate (e.g. competent with word processing, spreadsheets, database applications, presentation software).
- Ability to speak and understand written French would be an asset.
- Occasional travel required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Krista Derksen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Senior Manager, Financial Crimes & Security in the subject field of your email.