When choosing online passwords, verification questions, and credit and debit card PINs, don't choose something that would be easy to guess or information that could be obtained easily by others.
Do not use:
- Your name or that of a close relative
- Your birth date, year of birth, telephone number or address, or that of a close relative
- Your bank account, debit card or credit card number
- A number on any other identification that you keep with your debit and credit cards in your wallet, such as a driver's license or social insurance number
- A password or PIN used for other purposes
Remember: Shield your PIN when entering it. Don't write it down: memorize it instead.
Never share your debit or credit cards, PINs, and passwords with others - not even family members.